Master of Science in EducationSeptember 15, 2023 2024-01-05 20:59
Our Master of Science in Education offers students two distinct career paths
Master of Science in Education
In keeping with the historic vision and mission of Tennessee Wesleyan University, the M.S.Ed. graduate program prepares future academic and curricular leaders to be competent professionals, service-oriented individuals, and reflective practitioners. The program was established for certified teachers and/or students with undergraduate degrees in a related field and centers on a sophisticated course management system of classes offered at flexible times to accommodate working adults. Positive learning experiences assist graduate candidates to:
- Develop critical thinking skills and effective decision-making processes relevant to current trends in education.
- Utilize education research to foster productive and diverse organizational settings.
- Model exemplary leadership and instructional best practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with community partners and other appropriate constituencies.
- Effectively analyze and interpret data to inform and assess goals and strategies related to student achievement, school improvement, and professional growth.
- Effectively design, implement, and analyze a rigorous curriculum.