Tennessee Wesleyan University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce that celebrates the all-encompassing diversity of its student body. TWU is committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for the campus community that includes a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. TWU faculty and staff have a passion and desire to prepare students from a broad spectrum of disciplines, cultures and academic backgrounds towards personal and professional success. TWU encourages applications from candidates without regard to ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree preferably in business administration or a related field. Exceptional skill sets in time management, information technology and interpersonal relationships are required to perform well in this position.
This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of the Goodfriend School of Business.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to email@example.com
Reports to: Vice President for Student Life
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Select, train, evaluate and supervise paraprofessional staff in the residence halls;
- Engage paraprofessional staff in the development of programming for resident students;
- Oversight of complaint resolution process for residence life;
- Manage and participate in: daily operation of residence halls; room assignment for new and returning students; check-in and check-out; room and damage billing;
- Maintain data necessary for federally mandated reports and for internal operational needs such as housing trends, occupancy reports and resident’s satisfaction;
- Maintain department program assessment; policy/procedural reviews and program material update;
- Oversees areas budget, key/ID access control and facilities issues;
- Oversees summer camps and conferences;
- Oversees parent/family relations including monthly newsletters and Family Weekend;
- Assist with crisis intervention;
- Assist with retention of resident students;
- Participate in on-call duty rotation for nights and weekends;
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate for building a successful Residence Life program.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Please forward a cover letter, resume, and the names of 3 professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting Relationship: Associate Vice-President for Financial Services
Department: Student Finance Services
Description: The position provides student customer service, student billings, student refunds, and payment processing.
Responsibilities: Positive promotion of the university through interaction with students, parents, outside contacts, faculty and staff. The position requires experience in accounts receivable and accounting.
- Student account processes including billing, finance charges, payment plans, accuracy of student account database, and compliance with government regulations.
- Provide financial counseling with students (and parents) regarding payment options and payment plans. As necessary, resolve problems and questions with students regarding student finances. Contacts and initiates the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations.
- Maintain up to date communication record of student conversations regarding account arrangements and balances.
- Communicates regularly with Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Life to ensure an accurate student account database.
- Work with Admissions and Registrar Office to ensure accurate billing for international students.
- Manage international student insurance plan.
- Maintain student charge tables for all academic programs.
- Complete pre-billing of fall, spring, December mini, and summer sessions.
- Maintain all facets of the Jenzabar Accounts Receivable Module.
- Complete normal semester billing for all students with regular monthly billing to students with outstanding balances by the 15th of each month.
- Disburse student fees to appropriate account within 30 days of the beginning of each semester.
- Process student refund checks related to excess financial aid.
- Reconcile student general ledger accounts to subsidiaries by the 15th of each month.
- Counsel students concerning the use of loans and student refunds.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Payment processing, billing, and collection experience
is preferred. Candidate must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication
skills; good computer skills and able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft
Office products, i.e. Excel, Word; excellent organizational skills and ability to
manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy in an environment with frequent
interruptions; and, ability to handle information in a confidential and professional
manner. The candidate must also be able to work independently, be goal oriented and
function as part of a team. Review of application materials will begin immediately.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and the names of 3 professional references via email to email@example.com.