Tennessee Wesleyan University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce that celebrates the all-encompassing diversity of its student body. TWU is committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for the campus community that includes a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. TWU faculty and staff have a passion and desire to prepare students from a broad spectrum of disciplines, cultures and academic backgrounds towards personal and professional success. TWU encourages applications from candidates without regard to ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Reporting Relationship: Associate Vice-President for Financial Services
Department: Student Finance Services
Description: The position provides student customer service, student billings, student refunds, and payment processing.
Responsibilities: Positive promotion of the university through interaction with students, parents, outside contacts, faculty and staff. The position requires experience in accounts receivable and accounting.
· Student account processes including billing, finance charges, payment plans, accuracy of student account database, and compliance with government regulations.
· Provide financial counseling with students (and parents) regarding payment options and payment plans. As necessary, resolve problems and questions with students regarding student finances. Contacts and initiates the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations.
· Maintain up to date communication record of student conversations regarding account arrangements and balances.
· Communicates regularly with Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Life to ensure an accurate student account database.
· Work with Admissions and Registrar Office to ensure accurate billing for international students.
· Manage international student insurance plan.
· Maintain student charge tables for all academic programs.
· Complete pre-billing of fall, spring, December mini, and summer sessions.
· Maintain all facets of the Jenzabar Accounts Receivable Module.
· Complete normal semester billing for all students with regular monthly billing to students with outstanding balances by the 15th of each month.
· Disburse student fees to appropriate account within 30 days of the beginning of each semester.
· Process student refund checks related to excess financial aid.
· Reconcile student general ledger accounts to subsidiaries by the 15th of each month.
· Counsel students concerning the use of loans and student refunds.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Payment processing, billing, and collection experience is preferred. Candidate must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; good computer skills and able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, i.e. Excel, Word; excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy in an environment with frequent interruptions; and, ability to handle information in a confidential and professional manner.
The candidate must also be able to work independently, be goal oriented and function as part of a team.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting Relationship: Registrar/Vice President of Academic Affairs
Department: Registrar’s Office (serving under Academic Affairs)
Qualifications: High school diploma, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred. Candidate must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, are desired. The candidate should also possess strong computer and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of accuracy in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Candidates are required to handle information in a confidential and professional manner. The individual must be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
Responsibilities: Serve students, faculty, staff and individuals in regard to records and knowledge of academic requirements. The position requires some night and weekend responsibilities. Duties include:
· Data entry for upcoming course schedule offerings
· Process transfer entry evaluations
· Process undergraduate and graduate student records and intents
· Assist with processing all university forms and transcript requests
· Assist with employment verifications and those received by NSC (National Student Clearinghouse)
· Answer phone lines when others are not available
· Process course add/drop requests and update holds as needed
· File documents in appropriate files/records
· Coordinate with the Registrar graduation planning and commencement ceremonies
· Assist with the review for graduation candidates
· Assist faculty with records, myPortal, etc. as needed
· Participate in new student registrations
· Update records when new transcripts and score reports are received
· Work with the Associate Registrar to verify all new student files for completion on those matriculated by admissions
· Other duties as assigned by the Registrar and/or the VPAA
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to email@example.com
Reporting Relationship: Assistant Vice President for Advancement
Location: Athens, TN
Tennessee Wesleyan University is currently seeking applications for a full-time Director of Alumni Engagement. This position will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni with the University. The Director will secure financial resources through the TWU Annual Fund while working collaboratively with colleagues in the offices of Advancement and Athletics, the Alumni Board of Directors and other community partners to advance Tennessee Wesleyan.
Summarized duties include frequent writing for online and print communications including Arches Magazine; the planning, implementation and promotion of Homecoming and other alumni engagement events throughout the year; quarterly meetings with the Alumni Board; updating alumni records in the university database; assist with stewardship efforts of donors and cultivation of donors with the Director of Development and Asst. VP for Advancement.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and the general public. This job requires multitasking and self-discipline with close attention to detail and high ethical standards. Some nights and weekends will be required. The ability to learn Jenzabar, the university database, and Microsoft Office, e-mail and social media is required. Minimum qualifications include a baccalaureate degree.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Athens, TN
Tennessee Wesleyan University is seeking applicants for the fulltime staff position of Program Director for the administration and development of the Professional Leadership in Criminal Justice program (PLCJ). The PLCJ Program Director is responsible for managing recruitment, advising students, and administering daily operations. This position reports to the Social Sciences Department Chair.
The TWU PLCJ program is an online degree completion program for adult students with significant college experience (i.e. associate’s degree or 60+ credit hours). The PLCJ will permit students not only to complete their bachelor’s degrees in criminal justice but also to advance within their fields of interest. Some specific responsibilities of the Program Director include, but are not limited to
· Student recruitment and contact development.
· Marketing and promotional tasks.
· Program monitoring, analysis and assessments.
· Program advising and retention.
· Program Faculty and Staff oversight.
· Part-time teaching as a program adjunct.
· Maintaining communication pathways with Social Science department faculty.
Qualifications: A minimum of Master’s degree in criminal justice or a related field and/or significant criminal justice-related work experience. Evidence of strong interpersonal, computer and organizational skills is essential. Experience with educational program management and/or online learning a plus.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV or resume, and list of references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Summary: The Director of Residence Life and Family Relations is responsible for the
overall direction and supervision of the 350 student residence life operation and
enhancing the summer camps and conferences program. Supervising ten resident assistants,
the Director plays a critical role in shaping students' out of classroom learning
opportunities. Tennessee Wesleyan seeks an innovative, creative, experienced professional
who demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively
with students, parents, and other campus departments. This live-in position, which
requires some night and weekend duties, has a competitive salary and housing package.
Reports to: Vice President for Student Life
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Select, train, evaluate and supervise paraprofessional staff in the residence halls;
· Engage paraprofessional staff in the development of programming for resident students;
· Oversight of complaint resolution process for residence life;
· Manage and participate in: daily operation of residence halls; room assignment for new and returning students; check-in and check-out; room and damage billing;
· Maintain data necessary for federally mandated reports and for internal operational needs such as housing trends, occupancy reports and resident’s satisfaction;
· Maintain department program assessment; policy/procedural reviews and program material update;
· Oversees areas budget, key/ID access control and facilities issues;
· Oversees summer camps and conferences;
· Oversees parent/family relations including monthly newsletters and Family Weekend;
· Assist with crisis intervention;
· Assist with retention of resident students;
· Participate in on-call duty rotation for nights and weekends;
· Other duties as assigned and appropriate for building a successful Residence Life program.
Primary qualifications: Masters preferred, Bachelors required, in College Student
Personnel, Counseling, or related field, and experience in student affairs administration.
Experience with planning student events and managing budgets is required. Successful
candidate will have excellent computer and communication skills, enjoy working with
various groups of people, possess the ability to manage multiple projects at one time,
be able to maintain confidentiality, and be a team player.
Review of application materials will begin immediately with an anticipated start date of June 1, 2021. Please forward a cover letter, resume, and the names of 3 professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.