Tennessee Wesleyan University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce that celebrates the all-encompassing diversity of its student body. TWU is committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for the campus community that includes a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. TWU faculty and staff have a passion and desire to prepare students from a broad spectrum of disciplines, cultures and academic backgrounds towards personal and professional success. TWU encourages applications from candidates without regard to ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Student SuccessDepartment: Student LifeEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary coordinator for the Success Coach program including, but not limited to: supervision of Success Coaches, training development and delivery of Success Coaches, caseload management, and assessment of Success Coach program.
- Serves as a Success Coach for at-risk students and provides individualized interventions and referrals to relevant resources.
- Member of Freshman Advising Team
- Monitors and tracks progress of students in caseload, and maintains communication with faculty and staff in support of students.
- Uses the student retention system and supports and assesses the effectiveness of the system
- Supports New Student Orientation and the First-Year Experience Course
- Collects and maintains data and provides accurate and timely reports to Director of Student Success
- Maintains weekly log of activities for Title III grant
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Success
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in higher education, counseling, or related field
- Experience in retention, mentoring, or advising
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience working with at-risk student population
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds, levels of education,