Tennessee Wesleyan University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce that celebrates the all-encompassing diversity of its student body. TWU is committed to sustaining a welcoming and inclusive environment for the campus community that includes a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences. TWU faculty and staff have a passion and desire to prepare students from a broad spectrum of disciplines, cultures and academic backgrounds towards personal and professional success. TWU encourages applications from candidates without regard to ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor represents Tennessee
Wesleyan University to prospective students and organizations and works to increase
inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. This individual will be
responsible for recruitment and outreach in high schools and surrounding communities,
communicating with prospective students and their families, and counseling students
through the application and admissions process.
Excellent customer service skills and professionalism are required as this individual will communicate with students in a variety of methods, including college fairs, lunch visits, event days, phone calls, e-mails, text messages, and other communication methods. This individual must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively. Some evenings and weekends are required, along with extensive travel as necessary.
• Create and implement recruitment strategies specifically for high schools in assigned recruitment territories.
• Create positive relationships with prospective students and their parents regarding admission requirements, academic programs, financial aid and scholarships, residence halls, student organizations and activities.
• Make formal presentations, such as award and college planning presentations.
• Plan activities and events, both on and off-campus, for prospective students, families, and high school counselors.
• Complete daily and weekly tasks in relation to goals and communication plans.
• Ability to work on deadlines with respect to the University’s target recruitment and enrollment goals.
• Utilize phone, text, email, and mail to communicate with prospective students in a professional and courtesy manner.
• Work with prospective students and high school counselors to gather appropriate application materials to complete student files.
• Participate in events such as college fairs, visit days, orientations, and homecomings.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in order to achieve personal and departmental goals.
• Promote the University in a positive manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants shoud submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting Relationship: Associate Vice-President for Financial Services
Department: Student Finance Services
Description: The position provides student customer service, student billings, student refunds, and payment processing.
Responsibilities: Positive promotion of the university through interaction with students, parents, outside contacts, faculty and staff. The position requires experience in accounts receivable and accounting.
· Student account processes including billing, finance charges, payment plans, accuracy of student account database, and compliance with government regulations.
· Provide financial counseling with students (and parents) regarding payment options and payment plans. As necessary, resolve problems and questions with students regarding student finances. Contacts and initiates the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations.
· Maintain up to date communication record of student conversations regarding account arrangements and balances.
· Communicates regularly with Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Life to ensure an accurate student account database.
· Work with Admissions and Registrar Office to ensure accurate billing for international students.
· Manage international student insurance plan.
· Maintain student charge tables for all academic programs.
· Complete pre-billing of fall, spring, December mini, and summer sessions.
· Maintain all facets of the Jenzabar Accounts Receivable Module.
· Complete normal semester billing for all students with regular monthly billing to students with outstanding balances by the 15th of each month.
· Disburse student fees to appropriate account within 30 days of the beginning of each semester.
· Process student refund checks related to excess financial aid.
· Reconcile student general ledger accounts to subsidiaries by the 15th of each month.
· Counsel students concerning the use of loans and student refunds.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Payment processing, billing, and collection experience is preferred. Candidate must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; good computer skills and able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, i.e. Excel, Word; excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy in an environment with frequent interruptions; and, ability to handle information in a confidential and professional manner.
The candidate must also be able to work independently, be goal oriented and function as part of a team.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Department: Admissions, Marketing & Communication
Reports to: Interim Assistant Vice President for Admissions, Marketing & Communication
The Campus Event & Communication Manager is responsible for meeting with prospective students and their families and planning then executing campus visits for prospective students and their families by providing a meaningful experience that helps them discover what life is like at Tennessee Wesleyan University.
Responsibilities also include building personalized visit programs, planning and implementing events and managing the student ambassador team. The person in this position is expected to be present at all on-campus admissions events and off-campus events as needed.
Key functions include (but are not limited to):
· Coordinate with admissions and financial aid staff to ensure a student’s successful transition from future Bulldog to enrolled.
· Responsible for meeting or exceeding yearly campus visit goals.
· Serve as the main point of contact for visitors, before, during and after their personalized visit experience.
· Develops and deploys communications relevant to the campus visit program to target segments through the funnel; including providing content for related webpages and social media channels.
· Manage communication flow for future Bulldogs at every stage of the funnel.
· Oversee the scheduling, promotion and daily operations of the campus visit program and serve as the main point of contact throughout the visit process.
· Plan and execute all recruitment events including individual visits, preview days, open houses and accepted student days.
· Implement, hire, train and supervise the student ambassadors.
· Maintain regular contact with future Bulldogs through visits, email, written communication, phone calls and other contact.
· Collaborate and communicate professionally and effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, administrators, students, parents and counselors.
· Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong customer service orientation and ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and problem-solve within a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
Flexible, and able to work well under pressure.
Must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task.
Must have a commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity.
Must be able to work non-traditional hours, including weekends and evenings.